Robotics Engineering Intern
The role of Robotic Engineering Intern will involve working in a small team with the company founder. Specific tasks and responsibilities will include the following:
- Assist with design, assembly, testing and troubleshooting of robotic devices, including material-handling carts;
- Assist with design, assembly and testing of electrical drive systems, including programming of microcontrollers;
- Provide support for field tests of QRS prototypes at customer sites;
- Assist with video of prototype tests and data collection during tests;
- Other business-related or promotional tasks on an as-needed basis (e.g., website updates, support for trade shows).
This role will involve use of electric and manual power tools (drill presses, saws, etc.), some lifting, and assistance with general workshop maintenance and operation.
- Currently enrolled in, or recent graduate of, an undergraduate program in Mechancial, Mechatronics or Computer Engineering;
- Preference given to candidates with prior experience with QRS products, robotics, SolidWorks, electronics, microcontroller programming (e.g., Arduino);
- Valid driver’s license and access to own vehicle are required;
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) is required;
- Machine shop and/or fabrication experience is a definite asset.
- Start date: 6 May 2019
- Duration: 15 weeks (full time)
How to Apply
- Please email your cover letter and resume to Info@QuantumRoboticSystems.com.
- Include “Robotic Engineering Intern” in the subject line.
- No calls, please.
- We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.